FAQ's For Belgium CAMPERVAN and Motorhome Rental.

2 Berth Pop Top

2-4 Berth VW Pop Top

2 Berth Shower / WC

2 Berth Shower / WC

4 Berth Shower / WC

4 Berth Shower / WC

Belgium Campervan and Motorhome Hire FAQs

How Do I Rent a Cheap Campervan in Brussels?

There are only three companies that supply campervans, motorhomes and van conversions in Brussels to rent.

These are:

  • Indie Campers
  • Euromotorhome
  • Big Sky RV

The cheapest campervans to rent in Belgium are from Indie Campers.

Indie campers charge the lowest relocation fees by far.

Both Euromotorhomes and Big Sky RV charge €1500.00 just to collect and return your campervan or motorhome to Brussels.

Indie Campers only offer van conversions to rent.

There are no other depots in Belgium that you can rent a campervan or motorhome from with Budgetcampervans.com

To avoid paying the location fees then you can rent from any of these depots that are close to the Belgium border:

Lille in France shares a border with Belgium.

There are two companies based in Lille that offer small sleeper cars, low-top campers and VW Transporter pop-top campers.

These are:

  • Black Sheep Campers
  • Origin Campers

Both of these companies can be booked using the booking engine. They offer free transfers from both the airport and the train station.

If you are travelling from the UK, the Eurostar stops at Lille.

Depending on what part of Belgium you want to explore you can rent a camper from any of these countries to tour Belgium and save money.

Scotland Free Camping RV hire

What Should I Take With Me When I Collect My Campervan Rental?

No, you don't - a campervan can be driven with a standard full car licence. However each person who wishes to drive a campervan needs to bring their own valid original licence. If the licence is not in English it will have to have an English translation if you are visiting a non English speaking country. It is advisable to have an international driving licence. These are issued in the country of residence.

You have to be at least 18 years old to drive an Indie Camper.Younger drivers will have to take out additional insurance.

You have to be 25 years old to drive a motorhome from Euromotorhomes and Big Sky RV.

Yes. Every campervan and motorhome rental company requires you to cover the excess on the insurance by credit card. Make sure you have enough credit to cover this.

All rental companies in France, Germany, Netherlands and Belgium require the bond to be paid by credit card too.

Scotland Free Camping RV hire

What Insurance Cover is There on Campervan and Motorhome Rental in Belgium?

Third Party Insurance is standard on all campervans and motorhomes rented to tour Belgium with cover up to 50 million Euros.

Full comprehensive insurance with an excess of €600.00 is standard. This excess must be covered by a credit card when you collect the campervan. This is the amount you will be liable in the event of any damage occuring to the campervan or motorhome.

Rates do vary from rental company to rental company.

This is an independent policy provided by Questor Insurance that covers the insurance excess on rental vehicles.

You will still need to leave your credit card to cover the excess and you will still have to pay for any damage up to that level of cover. So, if you the insurance excess is €600.00 and the damage caused to the camper is €1200.00 you will only have to pay €600.00.

If you take out the Protection Plus Excess Refund Insurance you will be refunded the insurance excess that you paid on collection of your campervan.

There is an additional charge for this insurance that you will see the details of when booking.

This is an optional extra.

It includes single vehicle accident, Tyre, Windscreen, Undercarriage, Overhead (roof) and Third Party Damage cover.

These discounts are only available to people who draw a pension or those who are 65 or older. It is only available to a pensioner who is travelling with their partner or children or grandchildren who are younger than 18 years old.

A Marriage Certificate has to be presented on collection of the campervan as this is a honeymoon special.

Yes, Indie Campers have depots throughout Europe:

  • Portugal: Lisbon, Porto, Faro
  • Spain: Bilbao, Santander, Barcelona, Valencia, Alicante, Malaga, Seville, Madrid

  • France: Biarritz, Bordeaux, Lyon, Marseille, Nice, Paris Charles de Gaulle, Paris Orly, Toulouse, Mulhouse
  • Italy: Bari, Bergamo, Bologna, Florence, Milan Malpensa, Milan Linate, Naples, Pisa, Rome Fiumicino, Rome Ciampino, Treviso, Venice, Verona

  • Belgium: Brussels Zaventem, Brussels Charleroi

  • Switzerland: Geneva, Basel, Zurich
  • Sicily: Catania, Palermo

  • Sardinia: Cagliari, Olbia
  • Corsica: Ajaccio, Bastia

  • The Netherlands: Amsterdam, Eindhoven
  • Croatia: Split, Zadar

  • Germany: Cologne, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Freiburg, Munich
  • United Kingdom: London Heathrow, London Gatwick, London Stansted, London Luton

You will have to pay an additional one-way or relocation fee in most cases. One-way rentals are often subject to the discretion of the depot manager. The costs will be itemised when you request a quote or make a booking. Please contact us for your options.

With Euromotorhomes this is standard:

  • Unlimited kilometres
  • Full Comprehensive Insurance (Except for the first €600.00 Charged Deductable.)
  • VAT 16%
  • first bottle of gas and WC chemical fluid
  • 24-hours road assistance (valid in all Europe)
  • Maintenance (according to the hiring contract norms)
  • Free parking - if you leave your car at the depot.

With Indie Campers the following is standard:

  • Unlimited Mileage
  • Free transfers
  • Bedding/Linen
  • Kitchen equipment/cutlery
  • Breakdown cover
  • Maps and Tourist info

Scotland Free Camping RV hire

Optional Extras with Campervan and Motorhome Rental in Belgium

Indie Campers charges a one-time fee of €100.00 that includes bedding and kitchen kit, gas,transfers to and from the airport.

An approximate charge for a household kit/kitchen kit is €100.00 for the duration of the rental.

Some customers bring their own, buy new and keep it or leave it behind.

Outdoor tables and chairs are an optional extra at approx €40.00

You can also rent out:

  • BBQ
  • Child Seats
  • Bikes
  • Bike racks
  • Portable Heater
  • GPS
  • Paddleboard (from Indie Campers)
  • Sleeping Bags
  • Surfboard from Indie
  • Wifi
  • Wetsuit

Yes. If a cancellation is made with Indie campers more than 33 days ahead of the booked collection date a full refund is made, after that fees apply. All rates are listed at time of booking before you make payment.

Euromotorhomes have the following policy:


The initial deposit paid is non-refundable. In addition to forfeiting your deposit, the following charges also apply:

From day of booking confirmation up to 33 days before the commencement of the hire: 50% rental cost.

If notified between 32 and 19 days before the commencement of the hire: 80% rental cost.

If notified within 18 days before the commencement of the hire: 100% rental cost.

Yes, these are between 5 and 14 days depending on the time of year and if you are picking up in one depot and returning to another.

Scotland Free Camping RV hire

Travelling with Children and Pets in a Campervan.

One of the great things about travelling in a campervan or motorhome is that it suits children extremely well.

Stop at anytime for snacks, meals and drinks.

Self cater for food. Have everybody's favourites on board.

Bottles and food can be warmed at any time anywhere.

Sleeping. Naps can be taken at any time anywhere.

Children enjoy sleeping in the bunks and the beds above the cab. Check there is protective netting in the higher beds.

Itineraries can be changed at any time.

Yes, pets are allowed on board but an additional cleaning fee will be charged.

Yes and No. It all depends who is lined up to rent after you. If there is the possibility we and our suppliers will do our best to allow you to keep the camper for longer but this is by negotiation at the time.

Yes if you are picking up and returning to the same depot. There is sometimes a small charge for this service.

If you drive an automatic car we suggest that you rent an automatic campervan or motorhome.

These campervans and motorhomes are larger than a standard car but they are as easy to drive. Remember that you are driving a longer and wider vehicle so take extra care, reduce your speed and use the wing mirrors and reversing cameras.

Get help when reversing and parking in smaller spaces.

If you have rented a motorhome with a bed over the cab, please be aware of the overhang on the passenger's side and make allowances when driving close to hedges, walls and signs.

You will be supplied with a cable that will connect the electrics of the campervan or motorhome to the mains supply. This will recharge the onboard batteries but also provides sufficient power to enable microwave use.

Scotland Free Camping RV hire

Where Do I Stay the Night and What Do I do?

A Campervan has many onboard facilities that enable you to have a home from home experience while on the road.

Gas bottles provide fuel for cooking, water heating and running the fridge. Keep these topped up. When you stop, turn the gas on. You will be shown how to do this when you collect your camper. Don't forget to turn it off when you leave the campsite.

If you have a hook up, connect your camper to the mains supply.

You will have heating and lighting and cooking facilities where ever you are in your campervan. If you travel every couple of days the onboard batteries will recharge as you drive so enabling your lights to work and other small electical items.

Keep your fresh water topped up from public taps, campsite taps and water supplies at garages. If you have enough water and gas on board you can have long showers, wash up for hours and make lots of cups of tea.

Brown water is the water from the sink and shower. This water is kept in the brown water tanks on board and can be emptied into any mains drain.

Emptying the toilet must be done at a dump station. The casettes from the toilet are removed from the exterior of the campervan or motorhome. The blue fluid that is added at the start of the hire and you top up after every time it is emptied break down any solids. Hose out the casette and replace the blue fluid regularly to keep odours to a minimum while travelling.

Also check out our special offers and discounts here

20+ Years

We are very experienced. After 20 years arranging campervan and motorhome hire for our clients we are very good.

Payment Methods

  • We accept Mastercard
  • We accept Visa

Need help or have a question? Contact Us

UK Freephone: 0800 917 4347